The Bank Street Approach to Leadership Education
Leadership programs at Bank Street offer more, helping you become a leader who knows how to think creatively, work collaboratively, understand and reflect. You will learn Bank Street’s progressive approach to teaching and learning, participate in class activities that reflect the types of active learning structures that lead to transformational learning, and participate advisement groups that provide opportunities to understand the group process by being active participants.
- At Bank Street, you will lead through personal transformation and reflective practice. You will lead, aiming for social justice and equality. Our developmental-interactive approach recognizes that both children and adults learn best when they are actively engaged with materials, ideas, and people.
- Students in the district leadership program will learn the skills and gain the knowledge needed to be outstanding administrators, become confident in their decision making, and develop the ability to manage budgets and other technical aspects of district leadership.
- Bank Street goes beyond administration to teach you how to improve education by supporting and mentoring teachers and administrators so they may begin to acknowledge their own strengths and contributions to the change process. This stance supports meaningful school transformation that benefits students and teachers a like.
OUR LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS
In addition to our School District Leadership Program, our educational leadership offerings prepare candidates to assume teacher, school, district, and museum leadership roles in a diverse range of settings.
Bank Street offers certification and non-certification programs in:
- Early Childhood Leadership (non-degree; on campus and online)
- Leadership for Educational Change
- Leadership in Mathematics Education
- Leadership in Museum Education
- Progressive Leadership (on campus and online)